The Qur’an and Hadith have foretold the Descent of Isa (His peace be upon us).
The Qur’an speaks very clearly about the descent (the Second Coming) of Isa Al-Masih (His peace be upon us), “There shall not be anyone from People of the Book, but shall believe in him before his death and on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) shall be a witness against them.” (Al-Nisa 4: 159)
Furthermore, the Qur’an declares that Isa’s return to Earth is a major sign of Yawm Al-Qiyamah (Day of Resurrection), “And he (Isa) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Resurrection); therefore have no doubt about it (the Hour). And follow me (Allah), this is a Straight Path.” (Al-Zukhruf 43: 61)
Ibn Abbas has said that the meaning of this verse is that Prophet Isa descent is a sign of Al-Qiyamah. (Musnad Ahmad)
Huzaifa bin Usaid reported that Prophet Mohammad suddenly came to us while we were talking. He asked, “What are you talking about?” We replied, “We were talking about the Last Hour.” The Prophet said, “It will never come until you see ten signs before it. He then mentioned the Smoke, the Dajjal (Anti-Christ), the Daabba, the Rising of the Sun from the place of its setting, the Descent of Jesus son of Mary (from Heaven), Yajuj and Ma’juj (Gog & MaGog)…” (Sahih Muslim).
Even the Hadith describes how Isa Al-Masih looks like, “Abu Huraira narrated that Prophet Mohammad said: “There is no prophet between me and him (Isa Al-Masih). He shall descend so; recognize him when you see him. He is a man of medium height, (his complexion) is between reddish and white; he will be between (or dressed in) two slightly yellowish garments; His head looks as if it is dripping water even though it is not wet. He will fight people in the cause (for the sake) of Islam, will break the Cross and kill the swine (pig) and abolish Jizya (tax on Christians and Jews); and Allah will put an end to all religious sects except Islam during his (Jesus’) time. He (Jesus) will slay the Antichrist (Dajjal) and he will stay in the World for 40 years. Then, he will die and the Muslims will perform the funeral prayer for him.” (Abu Dawud and Musnad Ahmad).
Some narrations of the Hadith indicate Isa will descend in Damascus, while other narrations indicate Jerusalem.
Some narrations indicate Isa will kill the Anti-Christ in Lud (near Tel Aviv, Israel), while other narrations indicate it will be near Afiq, close to Lake Tiberias (Sea of Galilee). Some scholars such as Al-Ahwazi believe that Lud does not refer to a name of a city or location, but rather it means Fitna (strife, trial, or tribulation). Mujm’e bin Jariya Al-Ansari narrated that Prophet Mohammad said: “Son of Mary (meaning Isa) will kill the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) at a door of Lud.” (Tirmizi, Ahmad, Tabarani, Ibn Hayan, Abu Dawood Al-Tayalisi). Tirmizi classified it as a Sahih Hadith.
The Hadith proclaim that Isa Al-Masih will descent as a Just Judge, Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet said, “By whom my soul is in his hand, soon, the Son of Mary (Jesus) will come down to be among you as a just Judge. He will break the cross, kill (outlaw raising) the pig, and abolish the Jizya (tax on Christians & Jews because Christianity and Judaism will end). There will be abundance (surplus or outflow) in Wealth (and money) to the extent that no one will accept it (if you want to give charity) and a single prostration (in prayer to Allah) will be better than the World and all what is in it.” (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
The Hadith lists all types of spiritual and worldly blessings will descend on Earth in His time.
– There will be an abundance in wealth. Wealth will flow like water. People will no longer have to pay Zakat (tax) and Sadaqa(charity).
– All hearts will be free from misery, envy, malice, and jealousy.
– Each harmful animal will be made harmless. Camels will graze with the lions and the cheetahs with cattle. A little girl will chase a lion and make it run away from her like children chasing a puppy and this lion will not harm her. Venom will be taken out from all venomous animals, a little boy will put his hand in a snake’s mouth, but it will not harm him. The wolf will live with the sheep and protect them as if it were a sheep dog.
– Peace, harmony and tranquility will prevail in the world. People will be in complete agreement, wars will cease, the earth will be filled with peace like a silver basin and it will sprout with vegetation like at the time of Prophet Adam.
– The fertility of the land will increase to the extent that if a seed is planted in a rock, it will sprout. The Earth will produce so much fruit that a large group of people will sit to eat a bunch of grapes or a pomegranate and they will be satisfied and use its peel as an umbrella.
– There will also be blessing in milk. The milk of a single she camel will be sufficient to satisfy the hunger of a large group of people. A cow will produce what is sufficient for a tribe of people, and a sheep will produce milk, which is sufficient for a family of people.
– Horses will be cheap as they will be never ridden in war and bulls will be expensive, as they will be needed to plough the land.
– Life will be very pleasant and enjoyable after Isa’s descent from Heaven and people will live in comfortably during Isa’s reign as a Muslim Caliph. Narrated by (Muslim and Ibn Majah)