The Bible tells us, “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions” (Joel 2:28).
- Allah Uses dreams to search our hearts and help others: sometimes our dreams challenge us about things in our heart that we leave unattended.
- Allah uses dreams to open our ears: We are not always open to hearing God’s voice because most of the time with our busy and hectic schedules, we close our ears and do not take the time hear Him. During our dreams, God bypasses the shell we have surrounding our hearts that can make us dull of hearing.
- Allah uses dreams to bring instruction: instruction through our dreams so that we are notified of our faults, counseled in wrong direction and given instruction on best ways to move forward from these circumstances. We can learn a lot through these instructions.
- Allah uses dreams to break down walls of self-defense: through dreams Allah bypass our self-defense mechanisms and our preconceived notions about our strengths and weaknesses. Dreams go right to the truth of the matter.
Also, Allah speaks through dreams to:
- Restrain from evil – Genesis 20:3
- Reveal His will – Genesis 28:11–22; 37:5–10
- Warn government officials and world leaders of future events – Genesis 41:1-8
- Provide revelation to His prophets – Numbers 12:6
- Encourage His people – Judges 7:13–15
- Answer believers’ petitions and prayers – 1 Kings 3:5-15
- Instruct us – Matthew 1:20
- Warn His people against certain decisions – Matthew 27:17-19